Thursday, September 1, 2011

Jersi Has An Ear Infection

Poor Jersi, I noticed two nights ago that she had been itching her ear. So I looked inside to find it swollen and red. I started to clean it twice a day to try and get rid of the infection without going to the doctor but today it looked better but not well enough. I try to avoid actual veterinary office visits these days because lately due to the poor economy they try to take you for "all you got". But I had no choice, so off to the doctor we went. Sure enough, the doctor at I-20 Medical Center tried to sell me a premium dog food, said it would help her skin and ultimately help her ears, I told her I would not change Jersi's dog food because it is the same one she has been on since a puppy. Then she tried to sell me dog ear cleaning solution, I told her I already had some at home, she said this one is different and she would prefer Jersi be on this one. I told her NO, I am keeping Jersi on the one we have. The only reason Jersi got an ear injection to begin with is because I have been lazy and haven't been cleaning her ear. But I promised to do better. So then I get tot he check out counter and they charge me $50 for the visit, $25 to just LOOK at Jersi's ear, and $40 for medicine. GGGGRRRRRR. I complain so they tell me they would give me a $30 medicine instead. $102 just to get ear drops. Holy freakin' hell.

It just makes me so sad, that the people who are still trying to take care of their pets, and treat them with proper medical care during this poor economy, get taken advantage of.

No comments:

Post a Comment