Friday, September 16, 2011

Break time?

I feel like I have been run through a very familiar blender....

Scarlett had her last dose of antibiotics for her ear infection on Monday. Then Tuesday daycare calls me and tells me she has a fever of 102.7, so I rush home to get her and have to leave work early in the middle of an important task. (urk)

Wednesday morning Scarlett still has her fever so Rick stays home with her and I go to work and make her an appointment to see the doctor, just to be sure it isn't her ears. The doctor says she has a viral infection and it will run it's course.

Wednesday night/Thursday morning her fever begins to go down but she breaks out into little red spots all over ther body. They don't seem to cause her discomfort so we send her to daycare Thursday and just warn them about the spots.

Thursday evening Tai, Scarlett and I play outside then we go in and the girls get a bath. It is my night to get up with Scarlett and she cried from about 11 pm to morning, very rough night.

Friday morning, when I finally get her up and turn on the lights, I notice hot, red, itchy welts all over her body! Oh geeeeeeez. The benadryl bottle says not to give to children under 6 years but I figure if I give her a quarter of the dose it will be okay. It did the trick! The welts went down but she seemed very groggy, so I took her to daycare and tried to rock her to sleep but she was fighting the meds. So grudgingly I left her with the teacher and went to work. Thankfully, I called daycare an hour ago and they said there was only one red spot on her knee and she seemed to be doing better after a nap.

Is it break time?
Fingers crossed for a better (HEALTHY) weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment